Potato Fans Recipes
Potato fans or Hasselback potatoes are a delicious alternative to traditional baked potatoes. This page contains potato fans recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Potato fans are a yummy alternative to a baked potato. While they take awhile to cook, they are worth the wait!
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup white cheddar, grated
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Using a knife cut off the very bottom of each potato. This will help stabilize them in the pan.
- Now carefully cut thin slices into each potato, about 2/3 of the way down. Be careful to not cut all the way through. If you do, just push the potato back together when baking.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl. Add garlic, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray the baking dish with non-stick spray. Place the potatoes into the pan and put in the oven.
- Using a basting brush, brush each potato with the butter mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then baste them with the butter mixture again. Repeat ever 30 minutes until the inside of the potatoes are tender and fluffy. About 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
- Once the potatoes are done, sprinkle cheese onto them and bake for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste. Enjoy!
The possibilities are endless with this recipe! It's also a great way to use that one or two left over potatoes you haven't used yet.
May 22, 20140 found this helpful
Potato fans are a yummy alternative to a baked potato. Learn how to make them with this how-to video.