Air Fryer Crispy Cheesy Potato
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 12, 2020
This is a take on a baked potato, made in an air fryer. Giving the top of the potato very thin slits and brushing it with butter causes the potato edges to crisp up nicely. This way, you have a soft baked potato bottom, and crispy french-fry-like texture on top. Sprinkling shredded cheese between the ridges makes it creamy, too. So yummy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 large potato, cleaned and dried
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- sour cream
- Preheat air fryer to 350 F. Slice the potato crosswise at 1/8 inch increments, but don't cut all the way through. Leave 1/4 inch intact at the bottom.
- Brush melted butter between the slices and all over the skin.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut some parchment paper so it fits into the bottom of the air fryer basket, then lightly grease it. Place inside, then put in potato, cut-side down. Cook for 35 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip potato so it's cut-side up. Cook another 15 minutes.
- Remove potato and carefully pull apart so ridges move away from each other.
- Stuff ridges with the shredded cheese. Top with sour cream.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.