PursesRecycled Crafts

Pouch Made of Old Mini Dress

As I decided to dispose of my old stuff, I saw this cute mini dress I used to wear back in high school. I remember wearing this after college graduation at a family pool party. That was actually the last time it served me.

I never really wanted to dispose of this dress because it's one of my favorites, but I really have to clean up my closet and remove everything that isn't useful, so I decided to transform it into something else so I could still keep it.

1. Cut mini dress into three parts. One part should be wider than the others.
  2. Get the largest part and fold, right sides together. Make clean folds on the side and sew them to secure. This is now the pouch.
  3. Reverse the pouch, right side out. The third cut has the chest/cleavage part of the mini dress, so just cut one piece of it then fold the edges again and glue it onto the center pouch. The skirt has lace on the hemline so I cut it out and designed the pocket with it for more emphasis.
  4. Add some of the remaining lace around the upper portion of the pouch.
  5. Reverse the pouch again. Cut two strips from the smaller cuts, fold and sew its edges. Attach each strip on both sides of the pouch near the opening, on the inside.
  6. Insert a piece of garter into the strip going around then through the strip on the other side.
  7. Pull both ends of the garter a little tightly and sew both ends together. Release and arrange the cloth.
  8. On the last part I added the last pieces of lace as handles. Reverse pouch and it's ready to use.