MiscellaneousCrafts

Pouch with Easy Tap Phone Case

I have always thought of having a money pouch with a built-in phone case where I don't need to pull it out every time I need to use a phone.

As usual, I gathered some scrap materials from my previous craft projects and created the design I have been thinking of the whole time.

1. Measure the size of your phone and cut a rectangular piece of rubber foam twice its size and with extra allowance. Set aside.
  2. Cut another piece of rubber foam half the size of the first one. Set aside.
  3. Create a pocket out of leftover foam clippings. The size should be based on the size of the phone.
  4. Ad

5. Get the small sized foam and trace the shape of your phone. Cut inside the traces. Leave one side uncut to create a flap, this will be the cover.
  6. I added something hard on the sides of the hole to make it stand firm. But this is optional. Start froming the case.
  7. Ad

8. Get the pocket and line one side with some foam clippings.
  9. Glue in the phone case. It will now form into two compartments.
  10. Ad

11. Let's work with the bigger foam. Fold it into half. Trace your phone in one side and cut it out to make a hole. Make sure you use the side where the flap of the phone case faces up to prevent it from falling out.
  12. Stick the pocket to the other side and close the other half gluing the side with a hole onto the phone case.
  13. Ad

14. Get a piece of garter and make a small loop. Stick it into the center edge of the phone cover.
  15. Roll another piece of garter and glue it into the opposite side. Try locking the loop onto the roll.
  16. I added laces and ribbons on every side to hide uneven cuts.
  17. Make clean and even folds on the opening of the pouch. Glue in the zipper on both sides.
  18. Seal the sides of the pouch. Cover with some clippings to hide untidy cuts.
  19. Now you can put money into the pocket and place your phone into the phone case. Zip it up. Open the front flap when you need to use your phone without unzipping the whole pouch.