Preventing Ice Buildup on Outdoor Flood Lights

Winter rain and snow may cause ice to buildup on your outdoor flood lights. This is a guide about preventing ice buildup on outdoor flood lights.

With all the snow we've been getting, the flood lights on the back garage for the dog's pen were covered with ice, and had started to pull away from the garage! Turning them on didn't melt the ice. I chipped the ice off VERY carefully and sprayed them with Pam, being very careful not to spray into the light bulb sockets.

We had snow a few days later, and it didn't stick to the sockets or the bulbs. Now I don't have to worry about them at all. I also sprayed the rubber strips at the bottom of my garage doors, and now they don't freeze to the cement apron. Wish I'd done this before a piece tore off.

Source: Thought of it myself after spraying my shovels.

By Joan from Norwell, MA