Preventing Your Seatbelt From Damaging Your Clothes

Category Repairing
The webbed fabric that seatbelts are made from can actually cause damage to your clothing where it comes in contact with the belt. This is a guide about preventing your seatbelt from damaging your clothes.

Last year I bought a new 2010 Chevy Silverado pickup truck. It wasn't long until I noticed all my shirts and even my sweaters, over the winter, had what I would describe as piling or fuzz on them. It's always a straight line on the bottom of shirt. I'm sure it's the lap belt part of the seatbelt.

My shirts are of high quality and this is driving me crazy as clothes aren't cheap. I pulled my new shirt out from under the bottom part of the lap belt and this never happened. Then the one time I forgot to pull it out there it was a long fuzzy piling along the bottom of my shirt. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

By kaysk

Answers

You can buy a lambs wool covering for them. I think Walmart carries them.

Try using a fuzz shaver on the seatbelt. There may be loose threads or fuzzies on the seatbelt that are causing the problem.

Thanks everyone I will give the fuzz shaver a try first if it doesn't work I will turn to the covers.