Preventing Your Seatbelt From Damaging Your Clothes?

Close-up of the torso of a man wearing a dress shirt and tie bucking a seatbeltLast year I bought a new 2010 Chevy Silverado pickup truck. It wasn't long until I noticed all my shirts and even my sweaters, over the winter, had what I would describe as piling or fuzz on them. It's always a straight line on the bottom of shirt. I'm sure it's the lap belt part of the seatbelt.

My shirts are of high quality and this is driving me crazy as clothes aren't cheap. I pulled my new shirt out from under the bottom part of the lap belt and this never happened. Then the one time I forgot to pull it out there it was a long fuzzy piling along the bottom of my shirt. Has anyone else had this problem? How can I fix it?

By kaysk

Answers

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 172 Posts

You can buy a lambs wool covering for them. I think Walmart carries them.

Try using a fuzz shaver on the seatbelt. There may be loose threads or fuzzies on the seatbelt that are causing the problem.

Thanks everyone I will give the fuzz shaver a try first if it doesn't work I will turn to the covers.

Did this work? Im having the same issue.

Answer this Question
Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingMay 4, 2016
🎄
🎉
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Preventing-Your-Seatbelt-From-Damaging-Your-Clothes.html