PrintersComputers

Printing on 3x5 Index Cards

The minimum size my machine will print on is 4x6 (according to the manual) and how the paper feed is configured. Is there any way to make it print on 3x5 cards?

We are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards (US only) for people who answer recent questions on ThriftyFun this month! Click here to find out more...

Avery makes 3 by 5 cards. The package comes with instructions on how to set up the printer.

It sounds like you have a stack of index cards that are 3x5. The only way to get around this issue is to buy the 3x5 cards in a letter size package. You will need to configure your page in word and divide the page into sections. This way you can copy and paste the information on each section of the page. When you print the page it will print in the designated 3x5 space. Afterwards, cut the cards apart.

Your tractor feeder won't pick up pages or cards that are smaller than 4x6. In older style printers, you could get around this issue by moving the rubber spacers on the bar. This way the printer would hold the card and allow it to feed through the printer. However, today printers are configured differently and there isn't you can do to adjust the page pickup on the printer.

Anonymous

I simplify things by printing (whatever?) out on regular computer paper and then I tape the index card over the printed area so that it is centered/lined up and re feed into the printer and print again.

I do not know what brand/model printer you are using but I would be very surprised if you could not set it up to use 3x5 cards. I have had numerous printers (have 3 working printers currently) and all of them have the function. Yours may not but do not give up without trying.

Here is a link that has very clear instructions on how to set up your printer and how to set up your MS Word or Office word. Check it out and you may be able to do whatever you need on a 3x5 card stock. If you still have problems - go to the web site of your printer brand and ask them your question as different brands work differently. Keep reading on the Internet about this and I think you will find a way to do it. (Google - print 3x5 index cards on "printer brand" model)

https://darlagd … -on-index-cards/

I am pretty sure you can configure your layout to print on 3x5 index. You may have to research how to print with your model printer on the internet.

What kind of printer are you using?