Product Review: Hellmann's Olive Oil Mayonnaise

I've always been indifferent about mayonnaise. I neither liked nor disliked it. I used it to moisten an otherwise dry sandwich and found it a must for potato salad. All that's changed.

While grocery shopping, I spotted a new (at least to me) mayonnaise. It was Hellmann's Olive Oil mayonnaise. I'm not fond of olive oil either, but decided to give it a try.

Olive oil is third on the list of ingredients, after water and then soybean oil. I figured any replacement of soybean oil by olive oil would have health benefits. But, not being a health nut, I was more concerned with how it tasted.

It is good. For the first time in my life, I actually like mayonnaise. I think Hellmann was wise to use both oils. Pure olive oil may have been a bit much, while the blend is just right.

How does it taste? Like mayonnaise with a subtle kick. The olive oil adds interest to what would be just plain mayo. I tried it first on a turkey breast sandwich and liked it right away.

I like the way I make potato salad, kinda picky, really. I never thought I would change any of the ingredients. But now, I can't wait to make it with this olive oil mayo. I just know it's gonna be good.

No more store brand mayo for me. Sorry Walmart.

💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Product-Review-Hellmanns-Olive-Oil-Mayonnaise-1.html