Protecting Delivered Packages At Home

Category Online
Online shopping is very popular. The convenience of this method also comes with a potential for lost/undelivered or stolen packages. This page contains a few ideas for tracking delivery dates and providing a less visible drop spot for the item.

I recently experienced a couple of lost deliveries which was extremely disappointing and frustrating not to mention lots of time wasted! I had to be on the phone with the company I purchased from, delivery service as well as my credit card company. All together I spent over 5 hours of my time being placed on hold, switched to different departments and finally was able to dispute the charges. Not only did it take a big chunk of my time, but over a weeks course to resolve everything!

With that horrible experience, I am now going to keep a better tab on my expected deliveries.

1. There is an option to request an e-mail or text message when the items are delivered. I definitely recommend this!

However, the text messages do not alert me from which company or to what address I have my items shipped so a visual always works best for me.

2. I found this 60 sheet weekly agenda calendar for .35 cents from $3.50 during CVS 90% School last week.

Instead of using this as a weekly agenda, I will write the calendar month and jot down my expected deliveries.

3. Before purchasing online, check on average how long delivery can be and see if you will be busy or home. Otherwise, have your item shipped to another location; like friends, family members or in my case, I ship to my parents', especially if the package is a higher amount since they are home.

Living in a strict HOA community, we're unable to plant anything out in front or put anything like a bench. Instead, we placed a planter and it's a spot where delivery people usually leave our packages. That way, from the street it won't be obvious that we have a package if we're not home yet.

This tip is great for those who live in an apartment, condo, live in a strict HOA community, or you simply need an easy way to hide packages.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Consumer Advice Shopping OnlineFebruary 7, 2020
🐰
🌻
🍀

Generated 2020-02-24 08:44:25 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️