Protecting Yourself From Pick Pockets

Keeping your wallet secure when out and about is an important consideration. This guide is about protecting yourself from pick pockets.

When I go to an outdoor event when it is chilly, I wear a jacket that I have put an inner pocket inside. I put a Velcro seal on it, that way my wallet is handy. I can get into it, but there is no way someone is going to open the Velcro without my knowledge. I don't carry a purse but sometimes my pants pockets aren't deep enough to carry things. Also, it is easy for an experienced pickpocket to relieve you of your wallet.

By Nightsong

Women's pockets aren't deep enough to hold a smartphone or wallet. How do you make an 'inner' pocket in your jacket? I've pretty much stopped carrying a purse and use my pockets to carry lipstick, tissue, cellphone (not smartphone). I want to be able to carry a new smartphone and appreciate your suggestion. I look forward to instrutions on how to make an 'inner' pocket.