Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake Bites
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
The intention of this recipe was to stretch one box mix of pumpkin pie bars that served 10 people, into pumpkin pecan cheesecake bites that served 20. It was a total success, especially for those relying on portion control. I found the pumpkin pie bar box mix for $1.49 at the market, and had everything else on hand. These came out SO yummy and there was very little work involved.
To bake them, I used 1 mini springform pan, 1 regular cupcake tin, and 1 mini cupcake tin. This was perfect for a nice layout for a gathering of adults and children. You can use one large springform pan instead. You can also use any dessert bar box mix to make cheesecake using this method.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 box (17.25oz) pumpkin pie bar Mix
- 1 1/2 cup animal crackers
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 3 1/2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease the baking pans. Pulse animal crackers and 1/4 cup pecans together in a food processor.
- In medium bowl, stir together animal crackers and pecan crumbs, crust mix from box, and melted butter.
- Press crust mixture into all of the baking pans. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- Place cream cheese, sour cream, and pumpkin pie bar filling mix in a large bowl. Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until smooth.
- Give the 1/2 cup of pecans an extra chopping so it's a bit finer, but not a dust.
- Stir into the filling.
- Pour the mixture over the crust. Bake times are lower for smaller sized bites. If you're using a full sized 9-inch pan, full baking time will be 40 minutes. My mini cupcake sized ones only took 20 minutes. I set a timer for each different size.
- Five minutes before they are fully baked, pull them out and sprinkle with chopped pecans. Return to oven to finish.
- Allow to cool. Pull off any cupcake liners if you used any. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.