Pungent Smell Coming from Trim in Older Modular Home?

We moved into a modular house that was built in 1986. We had to remove the trim in the kitchen and dining room for a re-model project, and the smell about knocks our socks off. It's not a moldy or mildewy smell, it reminds me faintly of sagebrush when you crush the leaves. I am just curious if anyone knows what this might be, a preservative or a type of wood?, so we can make an educated decision on whether or not to replace it.

Thank you!

Make sure the smell is not coming from behind the walls. If it is not, then replace the trim.

I have a urine smell coming from the other side of the bathroom wall! What do I do???

Home and Garden Repair Home MiscellaneousMarch 17, 2019
😎
😷
🌻
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Pungent-Smell-Coming-from-Trim-in-Older-Modular-Home.html