Getting Rid of Smell in Mobile Home

We bought a mobile home last August. When we bought it under the kitchen sink had a bad smell like something dead, but not as bad. Then when it cooled off for winter the smell went away. So I thought it was a dead animal. Well now that it has been hot, the smell is back, but this time it smells that way in our wash room that's right beside the kitchen and it smells a little under the sink. No smell in the bathrooms. You would think that if it was from a dead animal that it wouldn't smell almost a year later.

By Stacy

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like maybe mice have gotten into the wood and/or insulation, made nests, and possibly some of them have died in there. I have found that heat really amplifies smells--for example, I drive a carpool route with three other parents, on rotating shifts. We share a 12 passenger van, provided by family A, for this purpose. It works wonderfully, as each mom gets 6 weeks off between shifts, but the ones who have their turns during the hottest part of the school year do have to tolerate certain lingering odors, because family A has also used the van to haul farm animals, feed, dogs, etc. and no amount of cleaning can seem to permanently get the smells out.

If you check the crawl-space and find nothing, the only suggestion I have for you is to keep those rooms immaculately clean and perhaps a bowl of pot-pourri? Hope someone else has a better suggestion than mine!