Training AdviceDogs

Puppy Aggressive Towards Owner

I just need some advice. I have a male 5 month old aggressive Boxer puppy that thinks that he is charge. He has bitten me many times, when I get him out of his cage to let him out to go to the bathroom or when I get home from work. He also likes to jump up on people or when I get home from work he will jump on me and bite me. He will leave teeth marks along with very bad bruising. What can I do to get him to stop this and get him under control now before he gets to be a adult dog?

This is unacceptable behavior. You might have to muzzle him for awhile. When a dog tries to jump on you keep walking. This shows your dominance. I have tried this on large adult dogs who jumped on me when I entered friends' homes and it works.

yes i may have to this because he bit me yesterday and today. i guess it is just me that he does not like when it comes to getting him out of his cage. he does not bite my husband or son. Yes I did leave him in cage a few extra mins so that he can calm down before i got him out of the cage. after i got him out of him cage he tried to go after me to bite me i tried to turn my back so he could not bite me and he still bite me once on both arms. i am really looking to enroll him in a class to see if this will help.

I believe your husband and son show dominance and you have probably been a "softie" from the moment you laid eyes on him and maybe even talk "baby" talk to him? Or maybe not but this is probably a very good age to enroll him in training sessions as his aggression toward you seems pretty serious to me and should not be allowed to continue. Your puppy will only get larger and have more strength the longer you wait and anything you try at home may not be the way a certified trainer would handle it.

A temporary solution might certainly be a muzzle as the next bite could be a serious wound.