Puppy Has Diarrhea and Blood in Stool?

I just got a 10 week old Pit Bull puppy. He had been dewormed and had his first shots about a week ago. He started getting diarrhea yesterday and now I am seeing a little blood in his stool. I'm going to mix a little white rice in his food and give him Pedialyte. Should I be too worried?

I would be very worried Blood in stool could be serous. At the very least, give the vet a call

don't give him pedialyte or any liquid besides water until a vet has seen him, the blood is a sign of a problem that pedialyte won't fix

I would definitely take him to the vet for a check-up. In the meantime, boiled white rice and boiled unseasoned chicken should be fine, along with Pedialyte to rehydrate him.

This could be the beginnings of parvo, a virus that is often fatal. Your puppy needs to be tested by a Vet and may need supportive care to pull through.

You need to see the Vet like yesterday. Time is very important with this virus. Get him tested asap. The test is easy and not expensive. Good luck.

Pets Dogs HealthMarch 1, 2017
🌻
🍀
🐰
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Puppy-Has-Diarrhea-and-Blood-in-Stool.html