Quick Thrifty Crafts

I made four crafts in less than an hour using things I had on hand.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: r

• mod podge
  • foam brush
  • spray paint
  • old bottles
  • craft acrylic paint
  • old picture frames
  • small piece of scrapbook paper
  • alphabet stickers
  • embellishments: flower, button, etc.

1. For the first craft, I printed a vintage picture of my mother, cut it out, attached to the bottle with mod podge and then painted three layers of mod podge on it, letting it dry about 15 minutes between layers. Not counting drying time, it took about 15 minutes to make. It is a creative way to display a picture aside from the usual picture frame.
  2. For the second craft, I printed floral roses and cut them out. I spray painted an old soda bottle (let dry for at least 24 hours). I then mod podged the roses all around the bottle, using three layers of mod podge and letting it dry about 15 minutes between layers. I used hot glue to glue a button to the top.
  3. Advertisement

4. For the third craft, I painted a black shadow box which I purchased for 25 cents at Dollar Tree. The original design said Good Morning and it had a black eyebrow printed paper on the inside of the frame. I took it apart and painted the whole thing a lighter color, painted over the wording, added a different color of scrapbook paper to the inside, and then added my own saying using alphabet stickers and glued a flower on it.
  5. For the fourth craft, I repainted a very dark painted box which had a key embellishment you couldn't even see because of the dark paint. I painted it with a sage green and now the key is emphasized.
  6. Advertisement

Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 3, 2020
😷
🌻
📓
🎂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Quick-Thrifty-Crafts-1.html