Quick and Easy Arroz Caldo
October 13, 2019
Arroz Caldo is a special kind of porridge with a complete mix of tiny bits of vegetables and chicken meat. Family members want bigger portions of meat with bones because the bones add to and enhance the flavor of its broth. In this dish I cut bigger bits of meat and eliminated the bones so children could easily eat it. I made it really quick for my late lunch with kids.
- 400 g chicken meat
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp ginger strips
- 3-5 cups water
- 1/4 cup potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 cup rice grains
- Saute garlic, ginger and meat.
- Add potatoes and carrots. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour 3 cups of water then bring to a boil.
- Add rice grains and stir into mixture.
- Stir occasionally and cook until rice is very soft and broth is thick. Add more water if necessary.
- Serve hot. Also best topped with toasted garlic and drizzled with a few drops of lime juice.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.