Cheesy Quinoa Casserole Recipe
If you are tired of the same old casseroles, try one made with quinoa. This page contains a recipe for making cheesy quinoa casserole.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This quinoa is a perfect side dish and is quick to make. You can easily vary the seasonings and cheeses for a different taste. You can even add vegetables!
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups grated cheese (Gruyere and Cheddar), divided
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc.), optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cook the quinoa according to package directions. Add a pinch of salt while cooking.
- If you want to add vegetables, saute them in a little oil while the quinoa is cooking. Then add them to the mixture, before pouring it into the baking dish.
- Spray a 9 x 13 in. casserole pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk together. Add garlic and seasoning salt; stir to combine.
- Fold in quinoa and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Pour into baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and Panko crumbs. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until top starts to brown.
- Serve with salsa, hot sauce, sour cream, etc.
* If you want a different spin on this, try using Parmesan/Herb Panko crumbs and mozzarella cheese. Then serve with marinara sauce!
March 5, 20130 found this helpful
This quinoa is a perfect side dish and is quick to make. You can easily vary the seasonings and cheeses for a different taste.
You can even add vegetables! View the full recipe here: Cheesy Quinoa