Rainbow Felt Pins
These colorful pins are super easy to make. They would be fun to wear for St. Patrick's day or anytime. :)
- felt (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
- embroidery floss (red or purple depending on order of felt colors)
- sewing needle
- pin back
- hot glue gun
- Decide which way you want your rainbow to start. Then cut out a small circle, in either red or purple. I liked how it looked to freehand the circle, instead of using a template.
- Cut out a square of the next color, slightly bigger than the circle you just cut. Lay the circle in the center, then cut around it, creating a circle that is slightly bigger so that the color shows around the center circle.
- Repeat this with each color, with each circle a little bigger than the previous one.
- Thread a piece of coordinating floss onto a sewing needle. Then come up through the back, across, and down. Repeat to create an 'x' in the center of your smallest circle. Tie off the end and cut off any excess.
- Using a hot glue gun, adhere the pin back onto the back of the circles. Enjoy your new splash of color!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!