Raising Finches

I have 6 finches and I just want to know how do you tell a male finch from a female finch? Also, do you keep the male in with the female while she's sitting on the eggs? I am new at this and my pair just had some babies. We think they push them out of the nest. We keep their cage clean and we make sure they have water and food, too. What do they like to eat?

Thank you for your help.
Melissa

Answers:

Raising Finches

There is a website petMD.com that you can go to and ask all pet related questions. You can also friend Petfooddirect.com on Facebook and watch many great videos made by Dr. Wendy. I know her and the people that run petMD and they are excellent sources of information related to pets. (11/02/2010)

By jill

Raising Finches

If you have Zebra finches, the males have an orange patch on their cheeks. The females do not. I do not know what to tell you about the eggs, as I have never raised any finches and mine never laid any eggs.

I wished I could be more help. (11/04/2010)

By Linda Delcamp