MiscellaneousMake Your Own

Raising a TV with a Modified Tray

Vote for this contest contender!

I lowered my computer monitors which were on two trays with fold up legs.

Wanting to do some projects with them, I found that one was perfect for above the fridge. And the other was "almost" perfect for under the TV.

In the sage words of Get Smart "I was this close"! But the table I had the TV on was just a bit too narrow for the legs that folded out. So I went into "fix" mode.

Total Time: 10 minutes to fix, 24 hours to dry.

Yield: 1

1. I had a gap of about 1/4" between the legs and the sides of the frame. I just needed to find something that would keep it from going all the way slack.
  2. I found 2 clothes pins did the trick perfectly. I just broke them apart and used 1/2 for each of the 4 spots and glued them in place.
  3. I used some tape to secure them, and left them to dry overnight. Today was "set up" day and it couldn't have been more perfect.
    N-JOY!!
    PS: Here is a bonus of the one above the fridge!
  4. Other tray on top of fridge.