PaintingHome Improvement

Re-painting a Wall

I need to paint a wall that has been repainted a few times which leaves streaks and botches no matter how many times I go over. The original color is (off white) about 10 years old. Someone suggested that I would need to use a primer first and then repaint. If so, where can I buy the primer and how best to use it?

A very good idea would would be to go to a paint store and describe your problem. You may need more expensive paint, etc., however, it is better to be able to solve your paint question once and for all rather than trying various suggestions that do not address your particular problem.