Repair AdviceCars

Reattaching a Rear View Mirror

Category Repair Advice

The rear view mirror fell down and is just hanging there. I have a 2000 Buick Regal. Is there any trick in reattaching it? I see a spot where it was glued and also a clip that held it in place, but I do not know where it fell from.

By Frank

You can go to an auto parts store and ask for an adhesive that will reattach the rear view mirror if you want to do it yourself or go to an glass shop and they will attach the mirror for you.

I do know of some people that no matter what or who reattaches the review mirror, it never stays attached. I had a car that as soon as the weather was a little on the humid the cloth lining on the roof would get so saggy that it would touch the top of our heads.