Removing a Rear View Mirror Attached With Super Glue

Super glue can be used to reattach a car's rear view mirror, but if it needs to be removed you will need to use a solvent to remove it. This is a guide about removing a rear view mirror attached with super glue.

My husband tried to glue my rear view mirror to my windshield, but glued it on upside down. What can I use to remove it so I can attach it correctly?

Barbara from Oakland Park, Florida

Answers

The first thing that came to mind was acetone (the kind used for finger nail polish remover). This site may be able to help you...I hope so. http://www.supe  ngsuperglue.html

By Elaine (Guest Post)

There is a remover especially made for super glue. But the idea that the other poster said might work too. Acetone would be more expensive if you only use it for the one thing. The remover can be bought at any hardware store.

By Crystal (Guest Post)

What about super glue remover, they sell it now.

By Mary (Guest Post)

Once you get the mirror off, this is a suggestion for what to do. Here in Washington State many Auto Glass Companies will affix your rear view mirror at no charge.

It is worth checking into.