Recipe for Vinyl Floor Cleaner and Polish

I am looking for the best homemade recipe to make my vinyl floor shine again.

Add a few drops of baby oil to a vinegar and water cleaning solution.

If this is a no wax floor, you may have to use a professional strength product (polish or sealant) vs. a home made one as you can risk a build up and eventually yellowing of the floor with home made treatments.

My friend whose hubby is a flooring guy said that keeping the floors clean with warm water and vinegar (never use soap) and keeping them swept, reduces the grit that reduces the shine.

Anyhow...whatever you do, if you have pets, be sure that the treatment doesn't make the floor slippery. I did the oil and vinegar treatment on the original vinyl floor that has now become an internet hack (this was long before I was internet savvy and was going on what a friend suggested) when I first moved into my house. I must not have done it right, because my poor little dog almost broke her neck when she skidded on the floor. Maybe I used too much oil, but it was terrifying to see her "skate" across the floor and almost hit the wall.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Floor CleanersApril 22, 2019
🍂
🎄