Recipes Using Canned Tomato Soup

Wooden spoon dipping into can of tomato soup with basil.  Can is surrounded by tomatoesIn 1964 a friend gave me a barbecue sauce recipe. It was mild and just the best sauce. Somewhere along the line I lost the recipe. I've done searches on the web, but can't find it, and it is impossible to locate my friend. The sauce had a bottle of catchup and a can of tomato soup in it. I can't remember the rest of the ingredients. If anyone has the recipe, I'd sure love to have it.

By Joy from Fairview Heights, IL

Top Comment

I don't know if this is the recipe you're looking for as it uses tomato juice rather than soup but it sounds similar. It's a bit 'sharp' so I tend to cut down the vinegar, but it makes a great sauce! From my grandmother's 1950 Betty Crocker cookbook:

Texas Barbecue Sauce ("For ribs")

Mix together and simmer 15 minutes-

1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/4 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup vinegar
1 cup tomato juice
1/4 cup catsup
1/2 cup water

2 More Solutions

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 288 Posts

Brown one medium onion in bacon fat. Add to one large can of tomato juice and one regular size can of cut/chopped tomatoes. Add bite sized pieces of potatoes.

Canned soups have long be used to make simple, but delicious recipes. This is a page about tomato soup meatloaf.

Tomato Soup Meatloaf

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceOctober 28, 2016
🎃
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Canned-Tomato-Soup.html