Recipes Using Pinto Beans

Category Main Dishes
Pinto beans are not just for frijoles, try them in other delicious recipes. This page contains recipes using pinto beans.

You might not believe this recipe but it is real and it works. It looks and taste a lot like pecan pie.

Directions:

Mash beans until they are completely mashed. Combine sugar, spices, add beans, egg, egg yolks and mix. Bake at 350 degrees F. in a pie shell for 1 hour 10 minutes.

If you like, you can add 1/2 cup coconut.

It sounds so strange it took me a long time before I was brave enough to try it but I was pleasantly surprised. You might be too. Let me know what you think.

Source: Shared by a friend 25 years ago

By Connie Henry from Smithville, TN

• 2 1/2 cups pinto beans
  • 2 beaten eggs
  • 1 large minced onion
  • 1 grated carrot
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup flour (whole wheat or white)

Directions:

Mash cooked pinto beans with beaten eggs, minced onion, carrot and salt. add flour a little at a time and mix well. Make into patties which will be sticky. Fry in 1/4 inch of oil for two minutes or so on each side. If you like, top with cheese and soy sauce or ketchup.

By Robin from Washington, IA

• 1 pkg. tortilla chips
  • 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
  • 1 envelope taco seasoning
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • sour cream and salsa

Directions:

Crush tortilla chips and sprinkle into greased 9x13 inch baking dish. In large bowl, combine beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and taco seasoning; mix well. Pour over chips. Sprinkle with cheese.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 18-25 minutes or until heated through. 6 servings.

By Robin from Washington, IA

A cool variation on chili recipes. Like the Mexican flavor.

Cook dried pinto beans in a crockpot on low all night. This is really good. Cook pinto beans in a crock pot over night on low. Turn off when done.

Dry pinto beans are pressure cooked quickly and easy to use when cooked in an Instant Pot. You do not need to soak the beans, as you do when cooking on the stovetop.

Pinto Beans in Instant Pot

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Smoked pork neck bones can be used to season dishes such as beans. This page contains a recipe for making smoked neck bones and pinto beans in your crockpot.

Smoked Neck Bones and Pinto Beans

I am looking for a recipe for pinto bean pie. It might be called "Soup Bean Pie". I had this pie several years ago and the person that had made it has passed away. I hope you can help me. I would like to try to make it for my family.

Leila from Lexington, KY

Answers:

Pinto Bean Pie

Hi Leila! There are a few recipes on the internet. I saw one with coconut, but this one doesn't have coconut in it. You can look for more by keying "Pinto Bean Pie Recipe" in your search engine. Here's just one:

http://www.recipezaar.com/28902 (01/23/2006)

By SL Edens

Pinto Bean Pie

My mom use to make it for us. It was called Mock Pecan Pie. See if you can find the recipe under this name. (01/23/2006)

By Cheryl

Pinto Bean Pie

When I got this recipe a few years ago I just couldn't bring myself to try it for a long time. Pinto Bean pie sounds very strange. When I did get the nerve to try it, I was pleasantly surprised. This pie tastes a lot like pecan pie. Just be sure to mash the beans up very well.

Pinto Bean Pie

Mash beans, stir in butter, sugar, coconut, vanilla. Pour into a pie shell and bake 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. It's actually pretty good!! (01/23/2006)

By Connie A.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesJune 16, 2012
📓
😎
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Recipes-Using-Pinto-Beans.html