Recipes Using Strawberries

Category Fruit
Strawberries
Fresh, frozen or dried these wonderful berries can be the focus of delicious desserts, an addition to many salads, and used to flavor beverages and dressings. This page contains recipes using strawberries.

These were a big hit with my boys. We had some strawberries left over from Mother's day and needed to use them up. So I put some sour cream and brown sugar in little bowls, and let them go to town.

• 12 strawberries
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar (If we had dark brown sugar on hand, I would have used it)

Directions:

Simply cut off the top of the strawberries, dip the strawberry in sour cream, roll it in the brown sugar, and enjoy!

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 0 Minutes

Source: My mom used to make these for us as a quick and yummy dessert.

By Jess from Hillsboro, OR

I created this recipe when my husband said he was running to the store to get strawberry sauce for ice cream. I always have strawberries in the freezer and whipped this up. It's now a family favorite. It's super easy and so versatile. You can serve this sauce over ice cream, waffles or pancakes, on top of pound cake, stir into some lemonade, etc.

Total Time: 10 minutes

• 1 lb frozen strawberries
  • 2 Tbsp lemon juice*
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • pinch salt

*The lemon juice is optional. It just brings out the berry flavor.

1. Place berries in sauce pan. Add water, lemon juice and salt. Heat over medium heat. Stir occasionally. The berries will start to soften after a couple of minutes.
  2. Add sugar once the mixture is easily stirred.
  3. Once berries are completely softened, mash with a potato masher. If you don't want chunks of strawberries, you can throw the sauce in a food processor or use a stick blender. I personally like the pieces of berries.
  4. Ad
  5. Heat for a few more minutes to thicken the sauce.
  6. Let cool. Refrigerate.

• 1 pint fresh strawberries
  • 2 cups cider vinegar
  • 1/2 cup sugar

Directions:

Remove stems from strawberries, and in halves. Set 1/4 cup aside.

In a large bowl, place remaining strawberries. Pour vinegar over strawberries.. Cover and set aside for 1 hour. Transfer vinegar and strawberries to a large pot. Add sugar, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 10 minutes.

Strain out strawberries mixture, pressing out as much liquid as possible. Pour vinegar into 1- 1/2 qt. jar Add reserved strawberries. Cover tightly. Makes about 3 cups.

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA