Recovering Patio Umbrellas

Category Garden & Yard
You can save money and conserve resources by repairing your patio umbrellas or ones you find at a yard sale. This is a guide about recovering patio umbrellas.

If you like to sew, this is one tip you might want to try: I save worn-out beach umbrellas and carefully rip off the cloth from the frame. I save one section to use as a pattern. Buy a package of sun screen/sun block fabric (I get mine from Home Depot) and cut 8 sections from your pattern. Sew together and you have a nice umbrella while you garden in the hot sun! I have several that I put all around my front and backyard.

By Renee from San Diego, CA

What a great idea.

You are very smart to recycle the patio umbrella frames. Great idea.
Thank you,
MisMachado

While it's a great idea, why don't you include the finishing instructions? Like how do you attach it to the frame?

Is this the Coolaroo fabric? How long have you have it out in the sun, is it durable?