Recycled Paper Gift Envelopes
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
It's always a shame to throw away used gift paper (or any craft paper) when you have some left over. Here's a method of turning those scraps into gorgeous little gift envelopes.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Source: My mother's design
- gift wrapping or craft paper
- On the blank side of your paper, draw out this pattern, using a ruler to measure. If you'd like a bigger or smaller version, adjust the measurements accordingly.
- Cut right outside the lines of this pattern. Trim off the triangles indicated by black. (The same goes for the bottom, but the pattern shows them cut off there.)
- Start by folding the two 1.5" sections inward to make your creases. Unfold, then glue the vertical 1/4" section. Refold then seal.
- Fold the bottom horizontal 1/4" section upwards to make a crease. Unfold, glue, then fold back up to seal.
- After inserting your gift or letter, you can fold the top side down and secure with glue or a sticker.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.