Recycled Paper Memorial Day Wreath
Recycled cardboard and a paper plate was used to make this star studded Memorial Day wreath. Hang it inside to commemorate those who fought and died while serving in the US Armed Services.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here is a simple and fun Memorial Day wreath I made with simple household supplies.
Since this wreath is made of paper/cardboard, it is best to use this wreath indoors or in your garage decorating (not outdoors.)
Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time
Yield: 1 wreath
- paper plate
- cereal box
- acrylic paint
- cotton ball
- assorted ribbon
- Using a cereal box, cut the box so it is flat. That way you can trace star shapes. You could freehand star shapes, or cut a heart shape on a piece of paper as a template to trace.
- Trace the stars and cut out.
- I folded my paper plate and cut the inside out (half circle) to create wreath. Then check to see if you need to cut more stars or not.
- Lay down paper or a box to paint your stars. We used the cotton ball dabbing technique, but you could always use markers, or crayons too. Allow to dry.
- Use ribbon to form a bow.
- Figure out where you would like to glue your bow and hot glue it in place.
- Once stars have are dried, you can hot glue them around the wreath.
- Cut a medium piece of blue ribbon and loop and knot to create a wreath hanger. It is now ready to hang/display!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.