Recycled Paper Memorial Day Wreath
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
April 26, 2020
Here is a simple and fun Memorial Day wreath I made with simple household supplies.
Since this wreath is made of paper/cardboard, it is best to use this wreath indoors or in your garage decorating (not outdoors.)
Total Time: 35 minutes + drying time
Yield: 1 wreath
- paper plate
- cereal box
- acrylic paint
- cotton ball
- assorted ribbon
- Using a cereal box, cut the box so it is flat. That way you can trace star shapes. You could freehand star shapes, or cut a heart shape on a piece of paper as a template to trace.
- Trace the stars and cut out.
- I folded my paper plate and cut the inside out (half circle) to create wreath. Then check to see if you need to cut more stars or not.
- Lay down paper or a box to paint your stars. We used the cotton ball dabbing technique, but you could always use markers, or crayons too. Allow to dry.
- Use ribbon to form a bow.
- Figure out where you would like to glue your bow and hot glue it in place.
- Once stars have are dried, you can hot glue them around the wreath.
- Cut a medium piece of blue ribbon and loop and knot to create a wreath hanger. It is now ready to hang/display!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.