CarpetCleaning

Red Candle Wax on White Carpet

Category Carpet

My daughter spilled an entire cinnamon red candle on her white carpet. I soaked up what I could, but now I don't know how to get the wax off and the stain. Any ideas?

By help-this-mom!

I always take a paper bag or several paper towels and set my iron on medium to hot setting. Stack several paper towels or cut squares out of brown paper bags (like from grocery). Set bag or paper towels down and put iron on top of it, once you see a spot forming change to a new area until you have used it all up. Keep doing this until all of the wax has been lifted off the carpet. Mine was red once and it left no stain at all behind.

If there is a stain, I would use baking soda or whatever cleaner you already use.Baking soda works well for me, I use this in laundry to get out stains.I have my own "if nothing else works" cleanser; it is whitening tooth paste mixed with baking soda to make a paste. You could try this on the area if any red is left behind.

Hopefully just removing the wax will do the trick. Good luck. Remember once you see a wet spot change areas or use new paper towels or bag. Keep doing it until it is all up,not letting the wax set after it has began to melt being absorbed.