Remedy for Dog's Dry Itchy Inner Ear Flap

I have a Shih tzu Pug mix who has one ear that is red and scaly. She scratches it quite often. I am looking for a home remedy. Her ears have been cleaned. There are no mites. Please help as this looks quite painful and uncomfortable.

By Kim

I would suggest two things:
First, change her diet to another food without wheat or corn or soy. The feed supply stores have food that is free of these items.

Also get some Vetricyn. It is in a blue bottle and it is a spray medication that is wonderful. It does all sorts of things. Here is what it looks like and where you can order it online.

Vetricyn: (not the ear wash)
http://www.amaz  n&tag=thrif06-20

It costs about 15 or so dollars at Tractor Supply which is the feed supply store where we live.

It could be a yeast infection, so I am providing a link which discusses this as well. I am never without Vetricyn since I learned about it from a wildlife rehabber several years back. If it is a yeast infection this will help it to, the Vetricyn.

Yeast infections:

http://www.grea  _mini_course.htm

Blessings,
Robyn

Your dog possibly has a yeast infection. Swab the area with a solution of vinegar diluted with a bit with water if it is inflamed. Continue doing this until it is cleared up. Vinegar kills yeast infections.