Remedy for Pain from Shingles

I have had shingles since September 2016. The rash is gone, but the nerve pain is still very bad.

Shingles takes a long time to go away. My daughter had it and she felt pain, especially when she took a shower.

From Health Line:

Pour 1 to 2 cups of colloidal oatmeal or cornstarch into lukewarm bathwater and soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Do not use hot water. Hot water can worsen shingles blisters because heat increases blood flow. Dry your body completely and then wash your towel to avoid spreading the virus to others.

I'm sorry for your pain. There is really not much you can do unfortunately since it is residual nerve pain. In every day language: Shingles are a result of the chicken pox virus lying dormant in your nerves until a stress of some sort triggers it to become active again. Because it now resides in your nerves, this is why you still have so much pain even after the visible sores are gone.

There are a few prescription medications that are somewhat helpful and can make you a bit more comfortable for this duration until your nerves have had some time to heal. One is called Gabapentin and is useful for nerve pain specifically from shingles. There are others too. It would be best to see your doctor to find the best fit for you.

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. I wish that someone could offer some really good treatments/medications that would send the pain away forever but I have never heard of any such medicines.
There are several medications that your doctor can prescribe that will help you endure the pain but I'm afraid that even if it goes away for a period of time, it may return at a future date.

Here are a couple of links to help you understand what is happening and some advice on what medications your doctor may prescribe for your pain.

http://www.ever  guide/treatment/

http://www.webm  -shingles-pain#1