Removing Dust Stains from Stored Clothing

Stored clothing often develops stains and fade lines along the folds. This is a guide about removing dust stains from stored clothing.

I have 2 t-shirts, the Lycra type, that have been folded and forgotten in the closet. They both have a line of dust. I washed them, but the dust line didn't wash away! How can I remove the dust stain from this type of t-shirt?

Answers

Best Answer

I hope you did not put them in the dryer! Usually you can use one of the Spray N' Wash type cleaners on Lycra/synthetic material and wait 30 minutes before washing - never use hot water - use warm or cold water and wash through a wash cycle.
You can also use baking soda. Make a paste (mix 4 tablespoons baking soda and an equal amount of water), apply to stains, and let set for over 30 minutes before washing.
There are other products but be careful as some can make stains "set" on this type of material.
I have removed this type of stain by just laying the garment in the sun and keeping it wet for several hours or even overnight as the dew also helps to remove stains.

(clear water only - no cleaner).

You can use stain stick.