Removing Glue Stains From Clothing?

While working on crafts or home projects it is possible to accidentally get glue on your clothing. This is a page about removing glue stains from clothing.

How do I remove glue spots from a shirt that we put embellishments on? I tried Goo Gone, but that has not worked. I used Aleene's Jewel-It embellishing glue.

Answers

Best Answer

This can be tricky so I would suggest you refer to their website for an answer.

This statement is from their site:
"You can also try acetone (found in nail polish remover), a high percentage rubbing alcohol (85% or higher) or mineral spirits for solvent-based adhesives such as The Ultimate, Bead & Glass, etc. All Tacky Glues can be removed with an all-natural, biodegradable citrus-based cleaner."

www.aleenes.com/faq

Here is a link to contact them directly as they may wish to know exactly what type of material you have.

www.aleenes.com/contactus

Best Answer

I have had some luck getting glue off of COTTON clothing with a few drops of regular rubbing alcohol (other fabrics, I have not had any luck with any method).

First scrape off what you can with your fingernail, then dampen a white cotton rag with a little of the rubbing alcohol, then gently dab at the glue stain, being careful not to push it further into the fabric.

When you are done and the stain is (hopefully) gone, wash by hand or machine--depending on the embellishments--in cold water and do not dry in the dryer (although with most embellishments you should to use a dryer anyway).

Hope this works for you.

What takes glue out of clothes? It is a strong glue that is used for gluing foam on metal frames for John Deere lawn mower seats that we make at work.

Answers

Acetone will cut about anything known to man. I don't know what it will do to fabric and dye though. Might want to test it out first.

I just found this here to:

www.thriftyfun.com/tf85594402.tip.html

have you tried ironing the opposite side of the fabric? I know it sounds odd. Cant be any worse than acetone though.

I need help removing window glue from black polyester pants.

Answers

I'd certainly try WD-40. It's secret ingredient is FISH OIL, would you believe? It works on so many things that are sticky that you will find it a treasure to use.

It won't hurt the poly or color. Just hand wash it out after five minutes soaking and gentle rubbing, using Dawn and warmer water. Rinse and enjoy! God bless you. : )

How do I remove fabric glue from clothing?

By Jodi Ackman from Stronghurst, IL

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 10, 2013
📓
😷
🌻
🐛
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Glue-Stains-From-Clothing.html