Removing Hair Dye Stain on Wall

How can I remove this stain? I tried using the Kroger alcohol and it's not working. What else can I use to remove black hair dye from my wall? I need help.

Best Answer

You can try a little bit of nail polish remover to see if that'll help remove the stain. Or Magic Eraser. Then of course sand the area, primer and repaint.

Best Answer

Try a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda...mix in a small disposable cup and use a white cotton rag to gently massage the mix into a small section of the stain. If it works (every paint is different so it might not), continue over the entire area.

If you don't have the peroxide, you can try vinegar the same idea...knowing that this mixture will foam up (wait until the foam dies down before using).

Best Answer

I've done that too, gotten hair color spatters on the wall.

I made a paste with a little water mixed with cleanser (Comet) and let that sit on the spots, because the hair coloring dye soaks into the paint, and stains it because paint (unless it's glossy) seems to be very porous. Your paint in the picture appears to be a flat finish. The 'paste' lifted most of the stain out, but, not all. I ended up having to paint the wall.

Put a primer like Biz or Kilz first. Then paint over.

We dye our hair often in this house. We use powdered comet and a wet sponge in little circles, then wipe clean.

I would suggest that when you try any suggestions try on a small area and preferably not over the same spots as other cleaners. Also, be gentle so as to not remove a lot of paint at the same time. (Most wall paint is not washable.)

• Maybe try Soft Scrub (very good but milder cleanser) as it is a liquid and does not have to be mixed.
  • Think about using any of the ceramic/glass stove top cleaners as they work on a lot of different surfaces.
  • Even a paste of Barkeepers Friend might work (let set for 10-15 minutes).
  • Peroxide is always good to try.
  • Just trying to think of anything you might already have on hand so you can try it right away.
  • If all of these fail - and you cannot paint - hang a picture.

Home and Garden Cleaning WallsJune 5, 2018
🌻
🎂
🎃