Removing Hanger Shoulder Bumps on Sweater

I have two brand-new cardigans, 65% rayon/35% nylon, which I've had hanging on padded hangers for a month. Now that I'd like to wear them, they both have "bumps" on the shoulders from the hanger ends. How can I get them out? I've tried washing and drying flat, but they're still there! Thanks very much.

By caseye

What I have done with t-shirts and sweat shirts is when I get them on I wet my hands and rub them over the hanger humps, sometimes I have to do this several times, but it kind of works like ironing them would work. I finally splurged and bought a set of those suede looking hangers that they sell on one of the shopping networks. They are slightly longer and the ends of them curve downward instead of straight out and they work really well.

Thanks for your response, "redhatterb". I had my sweaters on highly-padded hangers, thinking in advance that those would be better than other hangers. I have a feeling that the rayon/nylon mix causes the sweaters to have these permanent-like bumps. I'll try your idea of wetting the bumps when I put on one of the sweaters; maybe that will work!

You might take them to a dry cleaners and see if they will just steam the bumps out for you.

I had some shear curtains once that I just couldn't iron out the wrinkles. I took them to a local cleaners and just had them pressed.. Good Luck. GG Vi

Consumer Advice Clothing RepairingFebruary 26, 2012
🐛
😎
🌻
📓