MiscellaneousHome

Removing Leather Wedding Album Stuck to Wood Coffee Table

The bottom of my leather wedding album is stuck to my wood coffee table. The table is slotted so I can reach between to force it off, but I am afraid I will damage the wedding album. Any suggestions that won't ruin the album?

I would try to put a little peanut butter on and try to pry a little off at a time

You may have some luck if you take a hair dryer and blow cool air up under the (through the slots) to loosen. The cool may help release the book. If the cool doesn't work, try the medium setting. If neither works, you could try the hot setting, but I would be nervous it may melt the cover. That one would be at your own risk..maybe at a distance?

The goal is to get the wood to shrink and have the book "released" from the sticky keeping it there.

If the album cover is not a laminated material, I would be afraid anything that touched it would stain it. So I would not mess with spraying or rubbing anything on it.

If you have very thin bent knife you could try to gently slide it from below to be like a letter opener and gently lift a corner and then work it loose....again...that would be at your own risk because it could tear.

Post back with an update!

Before this posted, I was successful. I turned the air conditioner on to cool down the room significantly and then took a butter knife and slowly gently went between the book and table on each coffee table slot. The album sustained very little damage -just very small tear one spot from knife. All in All a success! Thanks!

Success!
How nice to hear this.
Wedding albums can be very precious so we are all glad your method worked.