Removing Mold on Baskets?

Category Mold
Baskets made from natural fibers may grow mold if they get wet and don't dry properly. This is a page about removing mold on baskets.

How can I remove mold from my wicker laundry basket? I've just discovered mold on the bottom of my almost new wicker laundry basket. My husband threw his sweaty gym gear in there and I think that's the problem! Please help!

Answers

Best Answer

Put some hot bleach water in a spray bottle and spray it down then wipe it clean. The bleach will both kill and clean the mode.

During a walk with my granddaughter, we happened upon a beautifully shaped wicker basket along side a busy road. We decided that it was too nice to leave there to decay. However, there are some tiny mold spots all over it, and we would like to know how to remove this.

By Carole S.

Answers

Best Answer

Hi, I once thought I had to throw away a basket because there were little mold spots on it from constant exposure to humidity. Unfortunately, I did toss the basket.

Bleach seems to kill mold on walls, so I would try soaking your basket in a medium to strong solution of bleach and water, as if you were doing laundry. Let it soak for at least 10 minutes and wipe it down with a cloth or paper towel to make sure the mold is gone. Then rinse and air dry.

I wish I had thought of this earlier. Hope it works for you!

Home and Garden Cleaning MoldNovember 5, 2016
🌻
😎
🐛
😷
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Mold-on-Baskets.html