Removing Oily Stain on Cotton Shirt

I recently applied flea/tick drops to my dog's back. Not long after, I forgot and snuggled up next to her back. Now I have this oily stain on my tee shirt and can't get it out. Any suggestions?

By Cricket P.

Best Answer

I have gotten oily stains out with a bit of Dawn dish soap. Put some on the stain and in the wash cycle. Do not put in dryer until you are certain it came out as heat sets the stain, hang it dry. If that doesn't work, go to the dollar store and get some 'awesome' degreaser in the pump bottle. (Its a clear plastic pump bottle, the degreaser is yellowish.) Spray it on the fabric and wash.

Best Answer

Pears Bar soap works great on just that type of oil..Works really good on polyester material as well. Rub the spot with damped bar & wash as usual.

Best Answer

I have had good luck with an orange peel cleaner. I've forgotten the name, but I got it in the laundry section of the local grocery store.

It is an orange liquid made from orange peels.

Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 18, 2013
🎂
📓
🌻