Removing Permanent Marker

How do you get permanent marker off of wood floors, laminated wood desktop and a variety of toys?

Nonnie from Worth, IL

Answers:

Monitor

I am so glad first of all, not to be the only one with a child that likes to write on everything. My Son decided that he wanted to write not only on my desk but the keyboard and monitor. The monitor was easy I just used windex, but the nailpolish remover really worked on the keyboard. THANKS (02/04/2007)

By Melissa

Brake or Carb Cleaner

I to have experienced the infamous 2 year old with a permanent marker. I tried everything I could think of around the house. Hair spray, nail polish remover, all kinds of cleaners. Then discovered the greatest thing in the world, brake or carb cleaner. Every parts store carries it, most men have it laying around. Smells strong but removes sharpie and permanent marker with no scrubbing. (02/07/2007)

By Daniel

Fresh Stains

Hate to say.. I tried almost everything everyone has said to try.. Unless the stain is fresh it won't come off. My son's girlfriend wrote on his car's gray dashboard with black permanent marker... well he didn't tell me upfront (tried to fix it himself). Now the stain has set and won't come off, unless there is a miracle cure out there... get the stain while its fresh. (03/04/2007)

By Monica

Rubbing Alcohol

We have a new dining room table, cherry wood grain, with four Sharpie marks from my artist daughter. Worried about the wood finish and thinking it was all over for her rear end, I read the notes here and tried a cotton ball with rubbing alcohol on it. IT WORKED great and I followed with a good rinsing. Our daughter now owes $10 for pain and suffering but I think her bottom will survive! (03/15/2007)

By Heidi