Removing Permanent Marker (Sharpie) from a Leather Golf Club Cover

Category Leather
Finding a permanent marker stain on your leather golf headcover can be frustrating. Removing it without damaging the leather is the goal. This is a guide about removing permanent marker (Sharpie) from a leather golf club cover.

Does anyone know of anything else that would work on permanent marker that has been on a golf head cover for a while? My husband marks everything with his name and now he's is selling his hybrid golf clubs with covers.

By Gwen F.

Answers

I was heartsick when I found dark blue Sharpie scribble all over an expensive cream colored sofa. After 4 days of bring bummed out, I finally looked online for a solution. Alcohol and hairspray kinda worked but mostly just faded and smudged the stain. I had nothing to lose so I tried the suggested Aerosol sun block SPF 50. It worked. I used a white wash cloth and gently patted it right off! My husband and I were amazed. We used Coppertone but several other brands were also mentioned in help articles.

My two year old managed to get a hold of my Betsy Johnson wallet and a black sharpie. I loosened the ink with shaving cream, wiped it off and then removed the remainder of the stain with hairspray.

Be very careful, the hairspray took some of the wallet's pink and purple pigment, not enough to notice on the wallet, but the paper towel had a pink tinge to it.