Removing Pine Tar from Baseball Pants

Category Laundry
To get a good grip on the bat many hitters use pine tar. That means it often ends up on their pants though. This is a guide about removing pine tar from baseball pants.

What will remove pine tar from white baseball pants?

Daine from Midland, MI

Answers

I'm guess, but I would try WD-40. It removes road tar from cars and the WD-40 would come out with some shout. I washed white baseball pants a lot when my son was in school but mostly dealt with red mud. The occasional pine tar and grass stain would show up and I had an arsenal of products. Simple Green, Shout, WD-40, Bleach, Dawn, Amonia and if oxyclean had been available, I would have used it too.

My mom and I have used peanutbutter to get pine tar out of hair.

By (Guest Post)

The product is called GOO GONE and it has worked on every sticky, gluey mess I have tried it on . You will find it at Wally Mart, K Mart, Target type stores, you may even find it in the grocery stores in the Laundry products isle

By Brad (Guest Post)

Try pine tar remover on clubhousekit.com.

How do you remove pine tar from a baseball uniform?

By Bill B

How do you remove pine tar from soft clothing?

By Robert N Bahman from FL

Answers:

Removing Pine Tar from Clothing

Things you'll need:

• rubbing alcohol

• laundry detergent
  • hand sanitizer
  • bug spray
  • peanut butter
  • soft cloth

Step 1: Apply rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer (with alcohol) to a cloth. Rub the cloth on the pine tar to remove the sap. After you have removed all the sap with the cloth, wash the piece of clothing as you regularly would.

Step 2: Place 1/2 tsp. of peanut butter onto the tar and rub it in with your hands. Massage the peanut butter into the clothing to loosen the sap from the fabric. Wash it off with cool water to make sure the sap has been completely removed.

Step 3: Spray certain bug sprays, such as OFF! Deep Woods, directly onto the tar. Rub the area gently to remove the spot.

Step 4: Launder the fabric as you normally would, once the sap is gone. Good luck. (04/18/2010)

By kathleen williams