Sewing MachinesMachines

Removing Screw That Fell Into Sewing Machine

My thread plate screw fell into my Babylock Model # BL200A machine when I was trying to screw it back on. I saw it, but could not grab it. I tried to turn the machine over to make it drop out. At first I heard it moving, then I stopped hearing it move. How do I open the machine in order to find out where the lost screw is? We have tried taking a few screws out of the bottom, but have not been able to completely remove the bottom plate. Thanks for help.

By ta

What you do is buy a magnet at an auto shop. they use them to get bolt out that have fallen in the car out of reach. its works for all kinds of things. I've used for all things like picking up spilled needles to things falling into tight places.

Since you have a computerised sewing-embroidery machine I would be very careful about using a magnet anywhere near it.

When it comes to dropped screws or other items into the inner workings, the best thing is to take it to the dealer for removal of the cover and retrieval of the dropped item.

Pulling a sewing machine cover can be dangerous (built-up static electricity) and the tech at the dealer knows how to safely remove the cover. The tech also knows exactly which screws need to be removed to get the cover off.

Here's a link to the user guide for free download - always nice to have a copy on your computer in case you misplace your hard copy:

http://babylock … tructionBook.pdf