Removing Soot From Candle Jars?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to remove soot from the inside of candle jars?

Sherry from Silverdale WA

By Sara (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I do a quick swipe with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Works great!

By Rae (Guest Post)
Best Answer

There is a product called Speedy White I buy at my stove and spa store. I spray it on the glass front of my fireplace and the soot comes right off, wiping it with a paper towel or rag. I have used it to get soot out of candle jars too. It works very quickly.

By Christine (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Just wipe with a cotton ball or paper towel wet with rubbing alcohol. Easy and effective. (Hydrogen peroxide doesn't work, I know because I've tried it!)

By Tedebear (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The absolute easiest way to clean the soot from a candle jar is to wipe a dry used fabric softener sheet on the glass. This tip was posted on ThriftyFun and I have had fantastic results. Now we don't toss the used fabric softener sheets!

By (Guest Post)

wipe it out with dry toilet paper

It actually doesn't hurt the candle to wash it in hot soapy water. I do that when I can't stand to look at them any longer with built up soot.

There is actually a lamp made that melts down candles with a covered light. I bought one for a wedding present for my Daughter. No mess,ust the scent. And they are pretty. About $30.00.

By Bonnie (Guest Post)

I use a pre-moistened wipe to wipe away the soot & it seems to work good.

By Linda (Guest Post)

Soap and water on a paper towel.

By carla (Guest Post)

I purchased a metal, decorative candle ring, which fits, on the top, of the candle jar. It controls the flame and the jars don't smoke. I bought mine, on a Wal-Mart clearance, months ago, so they may no longer carry them. I also keep the wicks short and don't re-light one without clipping (or pinching) off the top.

Sherry- I would stay away from candles that leave soot around the jars. If a candle is sooty, most likely you're going to end up with ugly black soot on your ceilings as well.

Try switching to soy candles-They are much healthier for the environment & you won't have to worry about cleaning up black soot every time you wish to burn a candle!

By Marshall (Guest Post)

I've got to second the suggestion above about the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. My wife and I bought a box about a month ago, and were highly skeptical. So skeptical that we never got around to trying it until just now when I found this tip list because of a sooty candle jar of my own.

So I wiped one out and the candle jar was instantly clean. This was after failing to come clean with soap and water, and then soaking in solvent for two hours, and then trying some bleach, and then trying (from a suggestion elsewhere) a used fabric softener sheet.

None of them would do it, but then the Magic Eraser just picked it right up. My wife and I are now sold on them, and she's gone into a cleaning spree around the house with her new Magic Eraser! Great little item!

By Linda (Guest Post)

The rubbing alcohol worked great!

Used dryer sheets work like a charm!

Anonymous

Baby wipes wipe it off easily.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 26, 2007
🍀
🐰
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Soot-From-Candle-Jars.html