Removing Sour Milk Smell from Car Carpet

My carpet has a sour milk smell. I tried cleaning it with vinegar, now it really smells bad. How do I get this smell out?

there are different things you can do

• with organic odours like sour milk, the best thing you can do is an enzymatic cleaner, designed to combat bacterial/organic elements
  • if you have brown sugar, citrus peels and a lot of time on your hands, you can make your own: http://www.wiki  e-Enzyme-Cleaner
  • you could put baking soda in the area; that can help eat away smells
  • also activated charcoal destroys odours
  • vinegar seems like it would work becaue the acid should neutralize the base nature of the sour milk but i guess in this case you needed to attack the bacteria that cause the rot
  • one thing that worked well for me cleaning cat pee (one fo the strongest worst smells) was making a mix of hydrogen peroxide, soap in a spray bottle, spraying the area, then pouring baking soda over the entire area, waiting 10 minutes, activating that with peroxide again, drying the area then vaccuuming up.