Removing a Small Light Bulb in Stove Hood

I have a very small light bulb stuck in my stove hood that I cannot remove. It is hard for me to get any kind of a grip on it because it isn't sticking out very far. Please help.

By Mary R from Eagan, MN

Most likely someone put the wrong size bulb in. If there is someone with maintenance skills that can help, I would take that route first. You can always try a pliers but you should wear protective eye gear, in case it breaks. However, is there something very close to it that can be removed like the vent cover, knobs or brackets? I hope these have helped.

If you have one of those flat rubbery holders for opening tight jars, maybe you could fit the edges around the bulb and get a grip that way. Good luck!

Have you tried using a pair of pliers? Should help

Electric off. Cut a potato, mash the cut part over the part and turn counter-clockwise.

When you install the new bulb, rub the thread in your scalp. It gives just enough oil to keep bulb from corroding in socket.