Removing the Smell of Laundry Soap Fragrance from Clothes

Anyone know how to remove the stink of fragranced laundry soap/dryer sheets? It seems oily and vinegar (unless I didn't rinse it long enough) didn't work. The smell makes me ill. What would you suggest, please.

Hang outside. The fresh air and sunshine will get rid of the smell. You might want to wash one more time with unscented soap and then hang outside.

Smells oily? Any chance that the smell is coming from your washer machine motor? Or did a work rag possibly get mixed in with the laundry? What kind of laundry soap or dryer sheets did you use? I would do as Judy suggested and hang outside on the line in the fresh air. Is it all the laundry or just 1 load?

You will need to hang your already washed and dried clothes in the sunshine and fresh air to remove the present odors.

You will need to buy only unscented laundry soap (usually liquid is best) and never use anything but vinegar in your last rinse water. You can use baking soda with your soap when washing white clothes as none of this should leave any scents on your clothes.
I would also suggest that you wipe out your dryer tub with a solution of vinegar and water as the dryer sheets do leave a "film" on the tub.

The best thing to do is to switch laundry detergent. I now use Nellie's which is a natural one without a fragrance. It removes all of the old film that you did not know that was on your clothes from detergent and fabric softeners. The clothes are fresh and do not need fabric softener anymore. You only need a tablespoon per load. It is does not damage the ecosystem. There are probably others that are similar. Look it up online. I bought the large one and I do not need to buy anymore for a couple of years.

I agree with answers above. Definitely get fragrance free! It doesn't have to be expensive either, Arm & Hammer provides a fairly affordable FRAGRANCE FREE powder detergent, it comes in a smaller box than the others. They have a bottle of liquid FRAGRANCE FREE as well (it has a green band and green top).

Airing out the laundry is also a good way to air them out, but to avoid the problem, just switch detergent.

You can also make your own with borax, washing soda, and normal bar soap: https://www.diy  -detergent-soap/