HorsesLarge Animals

Renting a Horse Trailer

I need to rent a horse trailer for a 1 way trip from Santa Barbara CA to Indiana.

I would look on Craigslist. You could also call horse farms and ask them.

I really doubt you will be able to find someone willing to rent a horse trailer on a one-way trip.

I would suggest you call the trailer rental places in your area and ask if they know of anyone who might be willing to do this.
They may know of someone who might be interested in taking your horse to Indiana and making the return trip back to CA.
This is going to be an expensive trip no matter how you do it.

I have heard of horses being transported in railway cars (with someone taking care of them) so that might be an option.

Have you perhaps thought of purchasing a used horse trailer and then selling it when you get to Indiana?
Or - is there anyone in Indiana that can take a trailer to CA and pick up the horse for a return trip to Indiana?